A collection of step-by-step lessons covering beginner, intermediate, and advanced topics. Adapted from the tutorials on the Processing website.
- Getting Started by Casey Reas and Ben Fry: Welcome to Processing! This introduction covers the basics of writing Processing code.
- Processing Overview b by Ben Fry and Casey Reasy: A little more detailed introduction to the different features of Processing than the Getting Started tutorial.
- Coordinate System and Shapes by Daniel Shiffman: Drawing simple shapes and using the coordinate system.
- Color by Daniel Shiffman: An introduction to digital color.
- Objects by Daniel Shiffman: The basics of object-oriented programming.
- Interactivity by Casey Reas and Ben Fry by Daniel Shiffman: Introduction to interactivity with the mouse and keyboard.
- Typography by Casey Reas and Ben Fry: Working with typefaces and text.
- Strings and Drawing Text by Daniel Shiffman: Learn how use the String class and display text onscreen.
- Arrays by Casey Reas and Ben Fry: How to store and access data in array structures.
- Images and Pixels by Daniel Shiffman: How to load and display images as well as access their pixels.
- Curves by J David Eisenberg: Learn how to draw arcs, spline curves, and bezier curves.
- 2D Transformations by J David Eisenberg: Learn how to translate, rotate, and scale shapes using 2D transformations.
- PShape by Daniel Shiffman: How to use the PShape class in Processing.
- Data by Daniel Shiffman: Learn the basics of working with data feeds in Processing.
- Trigonometry Primer by Ira Greenberg: An introduction to trigonometry.
- Render Techniques by Casey Reas and Ben Fry: Tools for rendering geometries in Processing.
- Two-Dimensional Arrays by Daniel Shiffman: Store and acess data in a matrix using a two-dimensional array.
- Sound by R. Luke DuBois and Wilm Thoben: Learn how to play, analyze, and synthesize sound with the Sound Library.
- Electronics by Hernando Berragán and Casey Reas: Control physical media with Processing, Arduino, and Wiring.
- Network by Alexander R. Galloway: An introduction to sending and receiving data with clients and servers
- Print by Casey Reas: Use Processing to output print quality images and documents.
- Shaders by Andres Colubri: A guide to implementing GLSL shaders in Processing.
- Vectors by Daniel Shiffman: An introduction to using the PVector class in Processing.
- P3D by Daniel Shiffman: Developing advanced graphics applications in Processing using P3D (OpenGL) mode.
- Video by Daniel Shiffman: How to display live and recorded video
- Anatomy of a Program by J David Eisenberg: How do you analyze a problem and break it down into steps that the computer can do?